When visiting Deanna Carell Acupuncture, we want our patients to get the most out of their treatment sessions. What patients may not know, however, is that they can prepare for their appointment's hours and even days beforehand! Our staff at Deanna Carell Acupuncture has compiled a list of the most important things to do to get the absolute most out of each acupuncture treatment in our office!
1. Know your medical history, including medications that you are taking- It is extremely important to write down your medical history. This includes any surgeries that you have had, symptoms that you are feeling, and any diagnosis’ that you have received from your physician or other medical professional. The better your acupuncturist knows you, the better the treatment will help to get you back to feeling your best. When writing down your medical history, it is important to know the names and doses of any medications you are regularly taking.
2. Make sure to wear comfortable clothing- Acupuncture treatments are best administered when you are comfortable, relaxed, and the acupuncturist can complete their treatments efficiently. Please try to wear loose fitting clothing that is easy for you to remove and that is, most importantly, comfortable, and relaxing!
3. Eat a light snack or meal an hour to 30 minutes before your appointment- Acupuncture treatments can, seldomly, cause lightheadedness. Eating a light snack before your appointment can combat any drops in sugar and keep your body relaxed and energized.
4. Complete breathing exercises to rid of anxiousness- Enabling your body to fully receive acupuncture treatments by relaxing before, during, and even after your appointments can be the difference between healing and symptom continuation. Completing breathing exercises before your appointment will help your heart rate to slow down, your blood pressure to return to normal, and anxious feelings to be at bay. After all, there is no need to be nervous! Our expert staff is here to serve you, including providing a super relaxing environment from start to finish!
5. Try to avoid caffeine a few hours before your appointment is scheduled- Caffeine can make the body jittery and amplify common anxiety symptoms that might hinder your ability to fully receive the acupuncture treatment. Try to avoid having more than one cup of coffee, or completely avoid it!
6. Do not drink alcohol- Alcohol is a depressant, which can also amplify anxiety symptoms. It also dehydrates the body, which is why we suggest drinking lots of water (all the time), but especially before your scheduled appointments.
7. Provide feedback to your acupuncturist- It is vital to let your acupuncturist know how you are feeling, if your symptoms are improving, and any other feedback that you feel may be important for us to know. We are working for you and are here to make sure you meet your health-related goals!
Deanna Carell Acupuncture provides acupuncture treatments to patients experiencing an array of symptoms and ailments. Our staff is dedicated to customer satisfaction and cannot wait to work with you to achieve healthy benefits for a lasting future!
Have you never been to an acupuncture appointment?
Deanna Carell Acupuncture is welcoming new patients to our office. Our natural, acupuncture and facial microneedling treatments are tailored to your specific needs, and are used to create a healthy healing environment for your mind and body. For a consultation to meet with the acupuncturists please call our office or contact us through our online form